Giving online is a simple way to prioritize and expedite your personal plan for giving. What does the Bible say about giving? Giving is a vital part of spiritual formation and maturity. It requires two things of us:
- FAITH: Giving is an active expression of our faith. It recognizes God as our True Provider. It affirms our confidence in His ability to supply all we need and is an act of gratitude and dependence. It allows us to partner with God and His work through our church and in the world.
- FAITHFULNESS: Giving requires the highest standard of personal integrity and discipline. In II Corinthians 8:9, the Bible teaches that we are to give willingly, generously and cheerfully. In Malachi 3:10, we learn God's standard of the tithe or first tenth being set apart in all of our earnings as a gift to God. Through our tithes and offerings, we prove faithful in the stewardship of all God has provided for us.
HOW DOES ONLINE GIVING WORK?
Simply follow the link provided at the top or bottom of the page. You may make a one-time gift, or you may set up a personal account in order to make regular or recurring offerings and to keep track of your previous gifts.
- Set up your personal account—In order to establish your online giving plan, you must first set up a secure personal account.
- Determine your gift—You will determine the amount and frequency of your offerings to the General or Mission Funds of Glenwood. You will also have the choice to go to another page for specific event opportunity payments. You will be asked to specify whether your gift is intended as regular giving or designated to some of the specific missions or ministries of the church. Please remember that your recurring gift can be changed, adjusted or discontinued at any time.
- Determine how you would like to pay for your gift—You will be asked to enter your credit card, debit card or Bank Draft/E-Check information. The history of your gifts given online will be available to you by selecting the appropriate link once you are logged into your account. All gifts through the Glenwood website are administered by a third-party processing company, not by the church office. Your private information will not be available to the church staff.
ABOUT ONLINE GIVING FEES
You will receive credit for every dollar you give. Some have asked how much credit card transactions cost Glenwood. When you use a credit card, the cost to the church is 1.5% to 3.0% in processor fees per transaction, depending on the card used. The cost for online checking account debits is $0.25 per transaction.
Many people use credit cards for all expenditures, to help with record keeping, or to gain rewards or bonuses. But credit card debt is a great temptation and a problem we do not encourage. Please do not make gifts with a credit card if you are unable to pay off your credit card every month.
If you have any questions, please contact DeBe Fleet at firstname.lastname@example.org or (903) 509-9494. We hope you take advantage of this convenient and easy way to make your gifts to Glenwood Church of Christ, and we thank you so much for your faithful stewardship.